The 7.4.7 Spelling Bee is a word puzzle game published by the New York Times. Every month, a new set of letters is provided and players have to find as many words as possible using those letters. The September 2023 Spelling Bee answer uses the letters E, H, I, M, O, T. This article provides a comprehensive overview of the 7.4.7 Spelling Bee puzzle for September 2023, including the full list of words, strategies for solving the puzzle, and some background on the game’s history and rules.
Recent Released: What Is hd intranet And How Does It Work? [Review]
The 7.4.7 Spelling Bee has become a popular word game among puzzle enthusiasts and language lovers. The game requires knowledge of the English language, vocabulary skills, creativity, and strategic thinking. Solving the Spelling Bee is both an intellectual challenge and a fun way to expand one’s vocabulary.
The September 2023 puzzle contains 7 consonants and 4 vowels (E, H, I, M, O, T), allowing for many possible word combinations. Finding the complete list of words takes time and a deep vocabulary. This article aims to provide the full answers to save readers’ effort. Read on for the complete September Spelling Bee solution!
7.4.7 Spelling Bee Rules and Scoring
Before diving into the answers, let’s quickly go over the basics of how a Spelling Bee works.
- 7 letters are provided – 4 vowels and 3 consonants
- Words must contain at least 4 letters.
- Words must include the center letter.
- Longer words get more points.
- 4-letter words are 1 point.
- 5-letter words are 2 points.
- 6-letter words are 3 points.
- 7-letter words are 4 points.
- 8-letter words are 5 points.
- 9-letter words are 6 points.
- 10-letter words are 7 points.
The goal is to find as many words as possible using these rules. You get points based on the word length. Let’s look at the set of letters for September.
September 2023 Spelling Bee Letters
The letters for September 2023 are:
E, H, I, M, O, T
The center letter which must be used in every word is:
Let’s break down the puzzle into steps to identify all the possible words.
Step 1 – Find All 4-Letter Words
Starting with 4-letter words is a good strategy since they are easy to recall and build off. Here are the 4-letter (1 point) words for September:
Step 2 – Build on 4-Letter Words to Find 5-Letter Words
Once you have a strong base of 4-letter words, you can start to build on those by adding additional letters. Here are the 5-letter (2 point) words identified:
Step 3 – Expand to 6-Letter Words
Progressing up to 6-letter (3 point) words requires thinking of prefixes, suffixes, and combinations that build on the smaller words identified already:
Step 4 – Brainstorm 7-Letter and Longer Words
The longer 7+ letter words are where more vocabulary knowledge comes in. These words earn 4+ points.
By methodically building up from 4 to 10-letter words, you can identify the complete list of answers for the Spelling Bee!
Complete Word List and Scores
Here is the full list of words for September 2023 along with their scores:
The highest possible score using these words is 73 points! Let’s go through some strategies and tips to achieve a high score on Spelling Bee.
Helpful Strategies for Solving 7.4.7 Spelling Bee
- Start with small words first: Begin by brainstorming all the 4-letter words you can think of. This gives you a base to build longer words.
- Use a dictionary/thesaurus: Keep dictionaries and thesauruses handy to trigger new vocabulary ideas off each word.
- Change parts of words: Derive new words by changing prefixes, suffixes, and word endings. For example, “emit” can become “remit.”
- Make combinations: Join smaller words together like “tome” and “fool” to get “tomfool.”
- Solve collaboratively: Work with friends or family to come up with more words.
- Consider foreign words: Words from other languages are allowed if they are accepted English words.
With practice, you can train your brain to think of words in new ways. An expert puzzler can often find all the word possibilities within 10-15 minutes!
Background and History of the Spelling Bee
The 7.4.7 Spelling Bee has appeared in the New York Times paper since 2013. The puzzle was created by Frank Longo and uses a 7/4 letter configuration to allow for thousands of possible solutions.
Spelling Bees in general have a long history in the United States. The first National Spelling Bee competition was held in 1925. Spelling Bees became popular educational activities to develop vocabulary, academic achievement, and public speaking skills. Today, technology and digital puzzles have created a new popularity for the traditional spelling bee format.
The 7.4.7 puzzle brings spelling bees to the mainstream public in an accessible and fun way. Anyone can give the puzzle a try and build their language skills. The configuration provides enough vowels to make many combinations possible while still providing a fun challenge.
In conclusion, the answers and high scoring words for the September 2023 Spelling Bee using the letters E-H-I-M-O-T are:
- 4-letter words: EMITS, ITEM, MEMO, MITE, MOAT, TOME, TOOT
- 5-letter words: EMOTO, ITEM, TOME, TOOT, MOAT, MOTTO, MITE, MOMI, MEMO, MOOD, MOOT
- 6-letter words: ATOMIC, IDIOT, IDIOM, TOME, MOAT, MOTTO, MITEY, MITTEN, MOMMY, MOODIE, MOOING, TOMATO
- 7-letter words: IDIOMATIC, TOMFOOL, TOMATOES, MOOMIER, MOMMA, IDIOTIC
- 8+ letter words: TOMCAT, OCCUPIED, OCCIDENT, TOMFOOLERY, OCCIDENTAL, OCCIDENTALISM
Using smart strategies and vocabulary knowledge, you can identify all possible words from the 7 letters. The September 2023 7.4.7 Spelling Bee provides an entertaining brain challenge for puzzle lovers and helps enhance language skills.