Crunchyroll is one of the most popular online streaming services for anime content. However, users sometimes encounter error messages that prevent them from accessing the platform. One common error is the Crunchyroll error code MED 4005.
Recent Released: Pelismart Review – Is It Legal and Safe Platform?
This error typically displays a message stating that the video cannot be loaded or played. It can occur on various browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge and prevent users from streaming their favorite anime shows.
If you are facing this pesky error, there is no need to panic. In most cases, the error code MED 4005 on Crunchyroll can be easily fixed with some basic troubleshooting steps. This article provides step-by-step instructions to help resolve the error code and resume access to Crunchyroll.
What Causes the Crunchyroll Error Code MED 4005
Before diving into the fixes, it helps to understand what causes the error in the first place. The exact technical cause behind the MED-4005 error code is unclear. Crunchyroll has not provided specifics on what triggers it.
However, based on user reports and analysis, the most common reasons for this error seem to be:
- Outdated browsers or plugins
- Problematic browser extensions
- Internet connectivity issues
- Computer issues like high resource usage
- Conflicts with Widevine DRM settings
Essentially, anything that interrupts or blocks the video streaming process on Crunchyroll can manifest as the MED-4005 error. The good news is that it’s typically possible to resolve the issue yourself without waiting for an official fix.
Step-by-Step Solutions to Fix Error Code MED 4005
There are several troubleshooting methods you can try out at home to fix the Crunchyroll error yourself. Here are the recommended solutions to resolve code MED 4005:
1. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
One of the easiest first steps is to clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Over time, excess data gets stored by browsers which can cause performance issues like video streaming problems.
Follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and access Settings
- Navigate to Privacy > Clear Browsing Data
- Select cached data, cookies and other site data to remove
- Time range can be set to all time for best results
- Click Clear Data button
Once deleted, close and relaunch your browser. Then access Crunchyroll again to see if error code MED 4005 persists. This takes just a few minutes and fixes many minor browser glitches.
2. Use Crunchyroll in a Private Browsing Window
Private browsing is designed to prevent browsing data like cookies, cache and history from being stored on your device. This provides an isolated and clean browsing environment.
Follow the steps below for your browser:
- Click the three vertical dots icon on the top right
- Select New Incognito Window
- Visit Crunchyroll.com in this new window
- Click the three horizontal lines menu icon
- Choose New Private Window
- Access Crunchyroll in private browsing mode
- From the top menu, select File > New Private Window
- Go to Crunchyroll in the private window
The error might be related to corrupt browsing data saved on your computer. Private browsing prevents such data retention.
3. Disable Browser Extensions and Addons
Some browser extensions, especially ad blockers, VPN services or download managers can interfere with streaming video playback.
To rule out extensions as a cause, temporarily disable them:
- Click Puzzle icon next to address bar
- Select Manage Extensions
- Toggle off all extensions one by one
- Keep them disabled and try accessing Crunchyroll
- Click Hamburger menu icon
- Choose Add-ons
- Under Extensions panel, toggle off all add-ons
- Give Crunchyroll a try without add-ons
- Access Settings and choose Extensions
- Turn off all extension via toggle button
- Visit Crunchyroll minus the extensions
If code MED 4005 disappears after disabling extensions, switch them back on one at a time until you uncover which one causes problems. Then remove that particular extension for good.
4. Update Your Web Browser
Outdated browsers can suffer from vulnerabilities, limited features and compatibility issues that interrupts streaming.
Make sure your browser is updated to the latest available version:
- Click the 3-dot menu at top right
- Go to Help > About Google Chrome
- Chrome will automatically check and prompt for updates
- Click the Hamburger menu at top right
- Select About Firefox option
- Firefox will check and install newest version
- From Easy Setup menu, choose About Opera
- Opera will automatically scan and update itself
Keep all your installed browsers updated to eliminate any app-related causes.
5. Reset Browser Settings
If your browser settings have been customized significantly, it can sometimes affect streaming capability and cause errors like code MED 4005. Resetting all customizations to default can help:
- Access Chrome Settings
- Scroll down and click Advanced
- Select Restore settings to their original defaults
- In the confirmation box, click Reset Settings
- From menu, choose Options
- Go to General tab and click Restore Defaults
- Confirm you want to Reset Firefox in pop-up prompt
- From Settings, choose Reset Opera
- Select Restore browser data & settings option
- Opera will restart with factory settings
Reverting back to original browser settings eliminates any bad configurations that could be triggering code MED 4005.
6. Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity
Since Crunchyroll is an online streaming service, an unstable internet connection can also manifest error MED 4005 and disrupt video playback.
Run through these connectivity checks:
Go to Speedtest.net and run a test to check your internet speeds match plan rates. If speeds are low, contact your internet service provider.
Power cycle your wifi router and modem to refresh the connections.
Unplug the devices or turn them off for 60 seconds. Then restart and reconnect.
Test different networks
Use cellular data or try a different wifi network to access Crunchyroll. If error code MED 4005 goes away, the problem is with your regular internet service.
Check for bottlenecks
Scan devices on your network and disconnect other heavy streaming sessions or downloads temporarily. Too much bandwidth usage can bottleneck connection.
Some VPN services trigger code MED 4005. Disable VPN and use your ISP internet to connect to Crunchyroll. Re-enable VPN afterwards if needed.
7. Update System Software and Drivers
Besides browser, also ensure your Windows, MacOS, graphics drivers and other computer software are updated:
Go to Settings > Windows Update to install latest patches and fixes
Select System Preferences > Software Update to get newest updates
Graphics card drivers
Check graphics card manufacturer website for newest software, install if available
Update media players
Keep media software like DirectX, Adobe Flash, etc updated via their program menus
Maintaining current system software eliminates compatibility issues that could interfere with Crunchyroll streaming and cause error code problems.
8. Disable Firewalls and Security Software
Security products like antivirus, firewalls or parental control filters perform traffic scanning and analysis which can block streaming connections:
Go to Windows Security settings and disable firewall temporarily while accessing Crunchyroll.
Open System Preferences then turn off firewall via Security & Privacy options
Add Crunchyroll to exception list and switch security to gaming mode which reduces scanning
Disable the filtering application for the time you access Crunchyroll then re-enable afterwards
Browser tracking protection
Disable Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox while streaming Crunchyroll videos
Disable security layers one by one and determine if any cause code MED 4005. Allow Crunchyroll traffic to go through unblocked.
9. Contact Your ISP to Change IP Address
In some cases, Crunchyroll associates certain IP addresses with VPN usage and blocks streaming. Contact your Internet Service Provider and request them to issue you a new IP address for your service.
Once your IP address changes, reconnect your home network and try accessing Crunchyroll again.
10. Reach Out to Crunchyroll Support
If you have attempted all the above fixes carefully but the error code MED 4005 persists, it requires further troubleshooting by Crunchyroll’s support team.
Reach out to them via the following channels:
- Visit Crunchyroll Help Center: Navigate through the hatebase to locate contact options
- Email support: Send a detailed issue report to their email support team per the instructions in the Help Center.
- Live chat: Initiate a live chat session for 1:1 assistance from a Crunchyroll rep
Provide the following information when contacting Crunchyroll customer support about error MED 4005:
- Account username
- Browser name and version
- Devices facing the issue
- Date/time when error appears
- Detailed problem description
- Troubleshooting done without resolutions
This will help them investigate the MED 4005 error code further and resolve streaming problems faster.
We hope this guide has given you plenty of troubleshooting methods to fix the pesky Crunchyroll error code MED 4005 yourself. While the specific cause of the problem is unclear, solutions like updating browsers, changing IP address and contacting customer support can get Crunchyroll streaming again.
Bookmark this guide for reference anytime error MED 4005 pops up unexpectedly and interrupts your anime binge sessions. With some diligent fixes, you’ll be happily watching the newest episode of Demon Slayer or My Hero Academia in no time!
|Error Code MED-4005
|– Browser problems<br>- Internet issues<br>- System conflicts
|– Clear cache/cookies<br>- Update browser <br>- Reset settings