iGPSGo is a popular location changer app that allows users to spoof their GPS location on iOS and Android devices. With iGPSGo, you can easily change your phone’s GPS coordinates to anywhere in the world with just a few taps.
Whether you want to access geo-restricted content, play location-based augmented reality games, use dating or social media apps in a different city, or just have fun pretending to be somewhere else, iGPSGo makes it easy to fake your GPS location.
In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at how iGPSGo works, its key features, usage examples, tips for avoiding detection, and potential risks to keep in mind when using location spoofing apps.
What is iGPSGo?
iGPSGo is a mobile app developed by Ignition Technologies Ltd that allows users to manually set a virtual GPS location on their iPhone or Android device. With the app, you can make your phone think it’s anywhere in the world by entering custom latitude and longitude coordinates.
The app works by overriding the default GPS/Location Services on your device and feeding it mock coordinates instead. This spoofed location is then used by all apps and services running on your phone that utilize your GPS location.
Some of the key features and capabilities of iGPSGo include:
- Set a custom GPS location by entering latitude and longitude
- Search and select locations on an interactive world map
- Save frequently used locations for quick access
- Joystick control to smoothly move around the map
- Adjust movement speed and set routes
- Works on jailbroken or non-jailbroken iOS devices
- Compatible with all location-based apps and services
- No root required for Android devices
How Does iGPSGo Work?
iGPSGo is able to spoof GPS location by manipulating how your device interacts with satellites and cell towers to determine your coordinates.
Here’s a quick overview of how it works:
- The app creates a virtual GPS server/source on your device
- When your phone tries to get GPS data, this local server intercepts the request
- Instead of real coordinates, the virtual GPS feeds your phone the spoofed location
- Your device now thinks it’s actually at the fake coordinates
- Any app requesting your location now receives the spoofed position
To make this work smoothly, the app intelligently mimics genuine GPS data. Factors like the number of satellites, signal strength, positioning error, and direction of travel are simulated to look like real GPS output.
This makes your phone believe the spoofed location is accurate and prevents apps from detecting the manipulation. With convincing mock data, the phone naturally uses the fake coordinates just like any other genuine GPS lock.
Why Would You Want to Use iGPSGo?
There are a variety of legitimate and ethical reasons why people use location spoofing apps like iGPSGo:
Access Geo-Restricted Content
Media sites and streaming platforms often block content based on your GPS coordinates. With iGPSGo you can view region-locked videos, music, shows, and more by spoofing your location to another country.
Play Location-Based Games
Augmented reality games like Pokemon Go require you to physically move around. A location spoofer allows you to play these games from home or anywhere else in the world.
Some apps track your location when you’re not using them. iGPSGo lets you take control over what information apps can access.
Automate Location-Based Tasks
Set up routes and locations to automate actions like checking in to work, logging exercise routes, and more.
Remote Work Flexibility
Spoof your location to access resources limited to certain geographic regions or work remotely from anywhere.
Key Features of iGPSGo
Now that we’ve covered the basics of what iGPSGo is and why people use it, let’s look at some of the key features that make this location changer stand out:
Works on Jailbroken and Non-Jailbroken iOS
A major advantage of iGPSGo is that it works seamlessly on both jailbroken and non-jailbroken iOS devices. This gives you full GPS spoofing capabilities even on a stock iPhone.
No Root Required for Android
There’s also no need to root your Android device to use iGPSGo. The app functions just fine without complex modding or admin access to your phone.
Real-Time Map with Joystick Control
The app features an interactive map that lets you smoothly “drive” around by dragging your location pointer. You can track your movement in real-time for precision control.
Save Favorite Locations
If there are certain locations you need to spoof often, you can save them for quick one-tap access instead of searching every time.
Configure Movement Speed and Routes
For advanced automation, iGPSGo lets you define movement speed as well as set up routes between destinations. Your location will automatically follow the path.
Mocks Genuine GPS Data
As mentioned earlier, the app doesn’t just feed raw coordinates. It mimics real GPS data like satellite positioning to avoid detection.
Works With All Apps
Any app that relies on GPS will receive the spoofed location from iGPSGo. It works universally across all location-based services.
Step-by-Step Usage Guide
Using iGPSGo to change your GPS location is very straightforward.
Here is a simple step-by-step walkthrough:
- Download and install the iGPSGo app on your iPhone or Android device. You can get it from the official website or app stores.
- Open the app and tap on the search bar at the top. You can enter an address, city name, coordinates, etc.
- Select your desired spoof location from the search results and tap the joystick icon to move your pointer to it.
- The map will center on your new location. Toggle the switch in the top-right to enable location spoofing.
- Your phone’s GPS coordinates will now be replaced by the mock location you set. The blue pointer will represent your virtual position.
- You can now open any maps, games, content sites or apps and they will think you’re at the fake location.
- To change locations, drag the joystick pointer or enter a new destination in the search bar.
- Make sure to disable location spoofing when you are done to revert back to your actual GPS coordinates.
And that’s all there is to it! With just those few simple steps you can easily fool your phone into thinking you’re anywhere in the world.
To give you a better idea of how you can use iGPSGo in the real world, here are some examples of it in action:
Play Pokémon Go From Home
Instead of traveling around town, open iGPSGo and navigate your character to parks, monuments, and other Pokéstops for supplies. You can walk virtually anywhere without leaving your couch.
Unblock Geo-Restricted YouTube Videos
Change your GPS location to another country to access videos blocked in your region. This works for Netflix and other streaming platforms too.
Check-In on Social From Fake Locations
Spoof your whereabouts to share photos and check-ins from places you’ve never been. Great for throwing off friends or keeping your real location private.
Automate Location-Based Work Tasks
Set an automated route covering your daily commute, jogging path, patrol areas etc. Your location will update in real-time like you’re actually traveling.
Call/Text From Different Area Codes
Spoof your location to subscribe to unavailable phone numbers, create accounts with specific regions, or call numbers only accessible locally.
Tips for Avoiding Detection
Although iGPSGo works very well, there are a few precautions you can take to make your spoofing more discreet:
- Don’t teleport long distances instantly. Move smoothly between locations.
- Change coordinates gradually instead of huge latitude/longitude jumps.
- Mimic genuine travel between destinations like driving on roads.
- Avoid moving faster than vehicles typically travel between locations.
- Enable options to simulate GPS accuracy variance and limit precision.
- Don’t drastically change timezones unless your travel history reflects it.
- Use sparingly and disable when not needed to limit suspicious activity.
- Research specific app anti-cheat measures that may detect manipulation.
Potential Risks and Downsides
While iGPSGo provides an easy way to change your GPS coordinates, there are some important risks and downsides to consider:
Against Terms of Service of Most Apps
Spoofing your location violates the TOS of many apps and services. You risk bans or other penalties.
Can Be Used to Scam and Mislead
Providing fake location info in dating apps, social media, etc. may be considered unethical, dishonest or dangerous.
Makes You Vulnerable to Malware
Third party location spoofing apps can potentially expose you to security risks if they are compromised or malicious.
Drains Battery Faster
Constant access to GPS and simulating travel uses extra battery power, reducing uptime.
Unreliable for Navigation Apps
Google Maps and other navigation apps may have issues providing accurate directions and info.
So while iGPSGo offers convenient location spoofing functionality, be sure to use it responsibly and be aware of the risks involved. It’s designed to be a fun novelty tool, not a means for fraud or catfishing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about the iGPSGo app:
Does iGPSGo work without jailbreaking?
Yes, iGPSGo works on non-jailbroken iPhones so there is no jailbreaking required.
Do I need to root my Android?
No rooting necessary. iGPSGo functions normally on unrooted Android devices.
Can I teleport long distances?
It’s best to move gradually between locations to appear more natural and avoid detection. Instant long-distance teleporting is risky.
Will this work on iPad and Android tablets?
Yes, iGPSGo works flawlessly on iPads and Android tablets as long as they have GPS hardware built-in.
Does my device need a SIM card?
No, iGPSGo does not require a SIM card or active cellular service to spoof GPS coordinates. It works on WiFi-only tablets too.
Can I use iGPSGo on multiple devices from the same account?
Yes, the license allows you to install and use iGPSGo on up to 3 different devices linked to a single Ignition account.
Will location spoofing drain my battery?
Constant GPS usage and location simulations use additional battery power. Enabling power saving options helps maximize uptime.
iGPSGo makes spoofing your GPS location on iPhone and Android incredibly quick and easy. With just a few taps, you can trick any app into thinking you’re anywhere on the map for fun or practical purposes.
Just keep in mind that location spoofing does come with some risks if abused. Use the app responsibly, be discreet with your spoofing, and avoid violations of app terms of service.
But when used properly and ethically, iGPSGo is a handy tool for enhancing location-based apps, accessing restricted content, maintaining privacy, and exploring the world from your couch.