Mortal Kombat 1 release date, is back and bloodier than ever. The iconic fighting game franchise returns with Mortal Kombat 1, launching on September 19, 2023 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and PC. While the full game releases then, early access begins September 14 for those who pre-order the Premium and Kollector’s Editions. Read on for details on the Mortal Kombat 1 release date, cast, characters, gameplay, music, editions, and more.
Recent Released: Is It Safe To Download Free GGSans Font for Desktop & Web Use?
Release Date and Platforms
Mortal Kombat 1 will launch on September 19, 2023 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. The Standard Edition will be available both physically and digitally on those platforms.
Pre-ordering the Premium Edition or Kollector’s Edition will grant early access to the full game starting September 14, allowing players to get their hands on Mortal Kombat 1 before the masses. These special editions are only available digitally.
Here is the Mortal Kombat 1 release date schedule:
- September 14, 2023 – Early access begins for Premium & Kollector’s Editions
- September 19, 2023 – Full launch across all platforms
This brutal entry in the legendary fighting series promises jaw-dropping fatalities, visuals that push boundaries, and all-new gameplay features that make each match more visceral than ever before.
Cast and Characters
Mortal Kombat 1 boasts an eclectic cast of characters from the massive franchise roster and intriguing new fighters. Iconic kombatants like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and Liu Kang return, along with fan-favorites such as Kitana, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, and Kano.
New to the playable lineup is Nitara, a vampiric fighter played by actress Megan Fox. Her blood-based attacks and winged flight stance breathe fresh life into the Mortal Kombat arena. Other newcomers have yet to be revealed.
In the story mode, Liu Kang seeks to reshape history in order to create a new era of peace and stability. However, deadly foes old and new stand in his way, threatening Earthrealm’s very existence. Alliances will be tested as the bloody tournament unfolds.
While the full cast has not yet been disclosed, expect appearances from many familiar faces like Shang Tsung, Jax, and Kung Lao. The epic saga will determine the fate of Earthrealm and Outworld once again.
Dave Bautista Plays Mortal Kombat 1
Mortal Kombat 1 | Official Megan Fox Becomes Nitara Trailer
Gameplay and New Features
Mortal Kombat 1 will introduce several new gameplay features to the iconic fighting formula:
- Fatalities – The bloody finishing moves return bigger and better than ever, with each fighter having two wild and creative fatalities. Expect heads to roll, spines to be ripped out, and enemies to meet gory ends.
- X-Ray Moves – Updated versions of the bone-crunching X-Ray special moves make their triumphant comeback. These moves highlight damage to bones and organs for maximum wince factor.
- Stage Fatalities – Certain arenas will have stage-specific fatalities that utilize the environment itself to demolish opponents in visceral fashion.
- Custom Variations – Each fighter will have customizable abilities and special moves, allowing players to fine-tune kombatants to their personal playstyle. Save customized presets to bring into multiplayer matches.
- GoreTech System – Next-gen flesh, bone and blood physics deliver fresh, cringe-worthy details to violence. Flawless technical graphics push the limits of stomach-churning gore.
- Krypt Mode – The interactive vault of unlockable secrets and treasures returns, offering clues into Mortal Kombat lore and rewards for diligent players. Solve puzzles and explore its depths for unlockable Kosmetics, gear, and more.
Combined with the series’ trademark combo mechanics, juggle systems, special moves, and weapon-based combat, Mortal Kombat 1 aims to set a new bar for outrageous violence and fighting game innovation.
Mortal Kombat 1 – Official Kombat Pack Roster Reveal Trailer
Music and Soundtrack
The soundtrack brings together established artists and fresh voices to match the game’s intensity.
Among the highlights:
- Iconic rapper Eminem provides an all-new song for the game’s launch trailer.
- Rock band Slipknot contributes original metal music perfect for pummeling opponents.
- Underground hip-hop act Denzel Curry delivers vicious, rapid-fire rhymes for character intros and menus.
- Jasper Byrne, composer of indie hits like Hotline Miami, crafts atmospheric, industrial tunes for the Krypt mode.
- Hardcore punk band Code Orange provides the main theme, blending distorted guitars and pummeling drums.
- According to series tradition, the famous “Techno Syndrome (Mortal Kombat)” theme will return in all its remixed glory.
This eclectic mix brings together established names and rising talent, mirroring the game’s crossover appeal. The beats and intensity match Mortal Kombat’s famously brutal combat.
Mortal Kombat 1 | Official Lin Kuei Trailer
Mortal Kombat Editions & Pre-Order Bonuses
Mortal Kombat 1 will be available in three main editions:
The base edition of the game includes:
- Full Mortal Kombat 1 game
- Access to all game modes and online play
- Base roster of fighters
- All post-launch gameplay content and patches
- 2 unlockable fighter skins
- 2 exclusive gears sets
- “Techno Syndrome” lobby track
Adds to the Standard Edition:
- Early access (Sept 14)
- Kombat Pack 1 (6 new playable fighters, 7 skins, 7 gear sets)
- In-game currency (5,000 Koins)
The ultimate edition for die-hard fans includes:
- All Premium Edition content
- Exclusive Liu Kang sculpture
- Liu Kang skin & 3 exclusive gear sets
- Unique packaging, steelbook case, commemorative print
Pre-ordering any edition grants early unlocks for skins and cosmetic gear to customize fighters. The Premium and Kollector’s Editions offer the earliest access along with post-launch DLC content included.
DLC Planned for Mortal Kombat 1
NetherRealm Studios has outlined their content roadmap spanning beyond launch:
Kombat Pack 1 (included with Premium Edition):
- 6 new playable fighters
- 7 exclusive skins
- 7 exclusive gear sets
Kombat Pack 2 (sold separately):
- 4 new playable fighters
- 4 exclusive skins
- 4 exclusive gear sets
Various skin & gear packs – Additional cosmetic DLC
Story Expansion(s) – Post-launch single-player content
By pre-ordering the Premium Edition, players will get the first Kombat Pack featuring 6 new fighters, 7 skins, and 7 gear sets. Further content down the road will expand the roster and customization options.
Mortal Kombat 1 | Official It’s In Our Blood Trailer ft. Dave Bautista
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about Mortal Kombat 1:
What is the Mortal Kombat 1 release date?
- September 19, 2023 is the global release date across all platforms. Early access for Premium/Kollector’s Editions begins September 14.
What platforms and consoles will it be on?
- Mortal Kombat 1 will launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Stadia.
Will Mortal Kombat 1 be on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?
- No, Mortal Kombat 1 is designed exclusively for current-gen consoles and will not release on PS4 or Xbox One.
How much will Mortal Kombat 1 cost?
- The Standard Edition will cost $59.99 USD. The Premium Edition costs $99.99. The Kollector’s Edition is priced at $149.99.
What are the pre-order bonuses?
- Pre-orders of any edition get 2 unlockable skins, 2 exclusive gear sets, and a lobby track. The Premium and Kollector’s Editions grant early access.
What’s included in the different Mortal Kombat 1 editions?
- See the Editions section above for full details on Standard, Premium, and Kollector’s versions. Higher tiers add early access, DLC content, and physical extras.
Will Mortal Kombat 1 have DLC fighters and content?
- Yes, the development team has outlined multiple phases of DLC content spanning new fighters, cosmetics, and story expansions.
Is crossplay supported?
- Cross-platform multiplayer will be supported at launch, enabling crossplay between PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and PC gamers.
Mortal Kombat returns in spine-ripping fashion with Mortal Kombat 1. Players eager for insane fatalities, new gameplay features and customization, plus crossover arena battles won’t want to miss the bloody return on September 19, 2023. Early access starts September 14 for Premium and Kollector’s Editions.
With a mix of iconic and brand new kombatants, jaw-dropping gore, and soundtrack by top artists, Mortal Kombat promises to push boundaries further than ever before. The roadmap beyond launch will bring additional fighters, cosmetics, and story content. Pre-order now to get early unlocks and bonuses fit for an emperor. When it arrives, be prepared to test your might against friends and foes alike!
Mortal Kombat 1 – Official Umgadi Trailer