MySHR is the online student health portal for USC students. It allows you to schedule appointments, message your healthcare providers, upload immunization records, and more. Accessing MySHR is easy once your USC NetID is activated. This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to start using the convenient MySHR platform.
Activating Your USC NetID
The first step to accessing MySHR is making sure your USC NetID is active. Here’s what you need to do:
- Check your USC email regularly over the summer for information on activating your NetID. You will receive an email with activation instructions.
- Click on the link in the email and follow the prompts to set up your NetID, set a password, and configure your security questions.
- Once your NetID is active, your access to MySHR should be available within 48 hours.
If you have any trouble activating your NetID, you can contact the USC ITS service desk for assistance.
Logging Into MySHR
To log into MySHR:
- Go to https://usc.edu/myshr
- Enter your USC NetID and password on the MySHR login page.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- You will then be directed to the MySHR student portal home page.
If you receive an error when trying to log in, double check that your NetID is active and that you are using the correct password. If you continue to experience login issues, contact USC Student Health for troubleshooting help.
Uploading Immunization Records
One of the first things you’ll want to do on MySHR is submit documentation of your immunization history.
Here’s how to complete this important requirement:
- Under the “Medical Records” tab, click on “Immunizations” in the left sidebar.
- Click on “Upload Document” and select the file(s) containing your immunization records to upload. This may be a PDF or image file from your healthcare provider.
- Be sure your full name and date of birth are visible on the documents.
- Click “Upload” to submit the documents for review.
- You will receive a message when your immunization records have been processed and verified, which can take up to 5 business days.
Meeting USC’s immunization requirements is mandatory for enrollment. Make sure to take care of this as soon as possible to avoid holds on your student account.
The MySHR portal makes it easy to schedule medical, mental health, and wellness appointments.
Follow these instructions:
- Under the “Appointments” tab, click on “Schedule an Appointment”.
- Select the type of appointment you need:
- Medical services for illness, injury, or health maintenance
- Counseling services for mental health needs
- Health promotion services for nutrition, physical therapy, coaching, etc.
- Choose the provider or service you prefer from the list.
- Select the reason for your visit and follow the prompts to choose a date and time.
- Enter any comments about the reason for your appointment to help the care team prepare.
- Review the appointment details and click “Submit Request” to complete scheduling.
You will receive an email confirmation with details on joining your appointment virtually or in-person. Same-day appointments are often available if needed urgently.
Messaging Your Healthcare Team
You can communicate securely with your USC health providers through MySHR’s messaging feature.
Here’s how it works:
- Under the “Messages” tab, begin typing your provider’s name in the recipient line. Matching results will auto-populate.
- Select the correct recipient from the list.
- Enter a subject and text for your message. You can also attach images or files.
- Click “Send” to transmit your secure message.
You will get a notification when your provider responds to your message. Expect a response within 1-2 business days. Use messaging for non-urgent questions and to manage your care between visits.
Accessing Health Records
MySHR allows you to view your health records from USC providers including:
- Progress notes from medical visits
- Immunization history
- Lab test results
- Medical imaging reports
- Procedures and current medications
To access your records:
- Click on “Medical Records” in the left sidebar.
- Select the type of records you want to view such as “Progress Notes”, “Immunizations”, “Lab Results” etc.
- Click on a specific record to expand the details. You can search for certain terms or filter by date.
- Use the printing and downloading options to save copies of your records if needed.
Reviewing your records helps you take charge of your health and ensures continuity of care. Notify your provider if you believe anything is inaccurate.
Accessing MySHR on Mobile
The MySHR portal is mobile-optimized so you can access it from your smartphone or tablet. Simply navigate to https://usc.edu/myshr using your device’s browser. Log in with your NetID and password as usual.
While the mobile experience is convenient for basic tasks like scheduling appointments and messaging providers, some features work best on a larger screen. Uploading documents is easier from a computer. And viewing lengthy health records is often simpler on a laptop or desktop.
If you run into login issues or error messages on mobile, try switching to a computer first before contacting technical support. Optimizing the mobile platform is an ongoing process.
For assistance with MySHR access and features, you can:
|Email USC Student Health at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Call 213-740-9355 during business hours|
|Visit the Student Health Center on campus|
|Submit a help request through MySHR under the “Help” tab|
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions as you get started with the platform. The USC Student Health team is here to make sure you get the most out of MySHR!
MySHR makes managing your health simple and efficient as a USC student. By activating your NetID, uploading immunization records, scheduling appointments, communicating with providers, and accessing your medical history, you can take control of your healthcare. Avoid delays by addressing any access issues promptly. And don’t forget to use MySHR’s convenient mobile access for on-the-go health management. Your health resources are only a few taps away with the MySHR student health portal.