Ratibi fab, is an innovative prepaid salary card system that is gaining popularity in the UAE as a convenient payment solution for low-income workers earning up to 5,000 AED per month. With Ratibi, employers can easily disburse salaries and employees can securely access their wages and make purchases without the need for a bank account.
Recent Released: What Is LoLdle Today Answer? [Review]
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore what exactly Ratibi is, how the system works, its key benefits, and address some frequently asked questions. Whether you are an employer looking to streamline payroll or an employee getting paid through Ratibi, this review will provide useful insights on maximizing the potential of this unique payment card.
What is Ratibi fab?
Ratibi, also known as a salary card or wage protection system (WPS) card, is a reloadable prepaid card that allows companies and institutions to pay employee wages and salaries electronically. It was launched in the UAE in collaboration between the Ministry of Human Resources and Emirates (MoHRE), UAE banks, and the Wage Protection System.
The key features of Ratibi include:
- Prepaid card – The Ratibi fab card works similarly to a debit card and can be used for purchases, bill payments, ATM withdrawals, and money transfers. It is issued by participating banks.
- Monthly reloading – The employer loads the monthly salary amount onto the Ratibi card. The card has a maximum monthly reload limit of 5,000 AED.
- WPS-registered – Ratibi fab is integrated with the Wage Protection System, ensuring salary payments are compliant with UAE labor laws.
- No bank account needed – Employees don’t need to have a bank account to receive wages through Ratibi. The card functions as a financial account.
- Secure – The card offers security features like PIN-protected access, online account controls, and zero liability fraud protection.
In essence, Ratibi provides an efficient payroll solution for companies while offering employees a safer, more convenient alternative to cash salaries.
How Does Ratibi fab Work?
The Ratibi prepaid salary card system involves a straightforward process with clear roles for employers and employees. Here is an overview of how Ratibi works:
- The employer registers for Ratibi fab through their bank or exchange house. Registration can also be done directly through the WPS platform.
- The employer uploads their employee database to the issuing bank or WPS.
- Ratibi cards branded with the employer’s logo are delivered. The employer distributes the cards to their employees.
- The employer loads the monthly salaries to the Ratibi cards through the bank or WPS. Loading can be done individually or in bulk.
- The employee receives the Ratibi card and activates it using the PIN provided.
- On salary disbursement day each month, the employer transfers the employee’s salary to their Ratibi account.
- The employee can use the Ratibi card to:
- Withdraw cash from ATMs
- Make payments at points-of-sale and online
- Transfer money through exchange houses
- Check balance inquiries and mini-statements
- Ratibi imposes daily limits on card usage, withdrawals, payments etc. as a security measure.
- The card is automatically reloaded with the monthly salary as per the employer’s payment schedule. No manual reloading is required.
This simple process allows both employers and employees to benefit from Ratibi’s convenience and security. The card can be actively used throughout the month by employees until the next salary is loaded.
Benefits of Ratibi fab
Ratibi salary cards offer noteworthy advantages for employers and low-income employees compared to cash payments.
Benefits for Employers
- Streamlined payroll – Automates salary disbursement with seamless integration to the WPS. Removes hassles of manual cash payouts.
- Lower costs – Reduces expenses associated with cash handling and management. Also minimizes risks such as theft.
- Regulatory compliance – Ensures compliance with UAE wage protection and labor regulations through WPS. Avoid penalties.
- Employer branding – Customized Ratibi cards with company logos improve brand visibility. Employees also appreciate the benefits.
- Administrative efficiency – Employers can easily track salary payments and card usage through the online portal. Saves administrative costs.
Benefits for Employees
- Convenient access to wages – Allows cashless transactions and ATM access eliminating dependency on cash. Enables easy salary withdrawal.
- Secure fund storage – Much safer than keeping large amounts of cash. Has technology protections against fraud, theft, loss.
- No documentation – Employees can receive salaries effortlessly without requiring bank accounts, paperwork or minimum balance.
- Fee-free transactions – Usage of the Ratibi card itself has no associated charges or fees for employees.
- Wide acceptance – The card can be used at most ATMs, points-of-sale, exchange houses and online in the UAE.
For both employers and employees, Ratibi simplifies payroll management while enhancing security, efficiency and convenience of salary payments.
Ratibi fab FAQs
Ratibi’s prepaid card model can raise some common questions for companies and employees. Here we address some of the frequently asked questions about Ratibi:
Who is eligible for Ratibi fab?
Ratibi salary cards can be issued to employees earning a monthly wage between 1,000 AED to 5,000 AED. The cards have a maximum loading limit of 5,000 AED per month.
What are the charges for Ratibi fab cards?
Usage of the card has no fees for employees. Employers may be charged a small fee per card or transaction by the issuing bank. Some minimal charges may apply for additional services like ATM withdrawals, balance inquiries etc.
Can the Ratibi card be used outside the UAE?
Yes, Ratibi cards can be used globally for ATM withdrawals and point-of-sale payments through Visa or Mastercard networks. However, international usage may be restricted or involve fees.
Does the card have an expiry date?
Ratibi cards generally have a 2 to 3 years validity and can be automatically renewed if the employee continues their contract with the employer.
What happens if an employee loses their card?
The employee must immediately report the loss to the employer and issuing bank. The card will be blocked and replaced with a new one for a small fee. Until notification, the user is liable for any transactions.
Employer Related FAQs
How much does it cost to implement Ratibi fab?
Costs for employers include a small one-time card issuance fee per employee along with minimal loading charges per month. Overall, costs are less than cash disbursements.
How are unused balances handled?
Any unused balance is carried forward when the card is reloaded with next month’s salary. The balance does not expire and no refunds are issued even after employment termination.
How are employee resignations handled?
The employer must promptly inform the bank to cancel the card and upload the updated employee database. The remaining card balance stays accessible to the employee.
Can employers restrict card usage?
Yes, employers can configure some controls such as setting daily ATM withdrawal limits or disabling international transactions based on their policies.
Does Ratibi integrate with payroll software?
Banks provide APIs that allow easy integration of Ratibi with the company’s existing HR and payroll management systems.
Employee Related FAQs
How can employees check their Ratibi fab balance?
Employees can check their balance and mini-statement at ATMs, exchange house kiosks, through SMS notifications or by logging into their online account portal.
Are there daily usage limits?
Yes, daily limits apply for ATM/POS transactions, withdrawals, online purchases etc. as a protective measure. Limits range from 2,000 AED to 5,000 AED depending on card type.
Can the salary be transferred to a bank account?
Employees can transfer all or part of their salary to a registered bank account through the card issuing bank’s channels or exchange houses. Charges may apply.
What happens if a card is damaged?
The employee should report a damaged, defective or demagnetized card to the employer. A replacement card can be issued for a fee of 25-50 AED.
How does salary advance work?
Employees need to check if their employer offers salary advance on the card. If available, up to 90% of the salary can be advanced with the employer’s approval.
By addressing these common queries, employers and employees can better understand the Ratibi card program.
In conclusion, Ratibi fab presents an advantageous evolution in salary payments for UAE companies and employees. It eliminates risks and hassles of cash while offering employees secure, electronic access to wages. For employers, it enables streamlined payroll and compliance with labor regulations.
As highlighted in this review, Ratibi fab simplifies salary distribution through prepaid cards while providing both control and flexibility for employers and employees. With its rising adoption, Ratibi aims to promote financial inclusion by serving the unbanked segment. Overall, Ratibi card makes for a win-win solution to cumbersome cash salary payments.
Table: Comparing Ratibi fab and Cash Salaries
|Parameter||Ratibi Card||Cash Salaries|
|Salary disbursement||Electronic transfer to card||Manual cash payouts|
|Accessibility||24/7 access through ATMs, POS, online||Limited to cash availability|
|Security||PIN protection, fraud monitoring||Risk of loss, theft|
|Convenience||Card usageanywhere||Carrying cash inconvenient|
|Expense tracking||Card statements||Hard to track cash expenses|
|Regulatory compliance||Integrated with WPS||No compliance guarantee|
|Fees and charges||No usage fees for employees||Takes effort to deposit cash|