Download The Outer Worlds on the Epic Games Store
The Outer Worlds epic is a popular first-person action RPG developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Private Division. It takes place in an alternate future where megacorporations have colonized and terraformed alien planets. You play as a colonist who gets caught up in a greater corporate conspiracy.
The Outer Worlds received critical praise for its world building, characters, RPG mechanics, and dark humor. It’s available on various gaming platforms but if you want to download it on PC, one of the places you can get it is the Epic Games Store.
Recent Released: Why Anonvault Website Is Not Legal and Trustworthy?
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the whole process of downloading The Outer Worlds on the Epic Games Store, from creating an account, purchasing the game, troubleshooting issues, to finally installing and playing this acclaimed RPG on your computer.
Steps to Download The Outer Worlds on Epic Games Store
Create an Epic Games Store Account
To purchase and download any games from the Epic Games Store, you first need to create an account.
Here is how to create an Epic Games account:
- Go to www.epicgames.com in your web browser.
- In the top right corner, click on “Sign In”.
- Choose the “Sign Up” option to create a new account.
- Select your preferred sign-up method (email, Facebook etc).
- Enter the required information like email, date of birth etc.
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
- Check your email for a verification link from Epic and verify your account.
Once you have an Epic Games account, you can proceed to purchase games from their store.
Purchase The Outer Worlds
Here are the steps to purchase The Outer Worlds from the Epic Games Store:
- Visit The Outer Worlds page on the Epic Games Store.
- The base game is usually priced at $59.99. There’s also a Spacer’s Choice edition with some additional in-game items priced at $69.99.
- Click on the “Add to Cart” button for the edition you want.
- Proceed to checkout and enter your payment information.
- Complete the purchase process.
Once the purchase goes through, The Outer Worlds will be added to your Epic Games library ready for you to download.
Do note that The Outer Worlds is not available to stream on Nvidia’s GeForce Now at the moment. You currently need to download and run it locally on your PC.
Download and Install the Game
After you’ve purchased The Outer Worlds on Epic Games, follow these instructions to download and install it:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher on your computer.
- Go to your Library and locate The Outer Worlds.
- Click on the “Install” button below the game.
- Choose the install location when prompted.
- Wait for the download to complete. Download size is around 50GB.
- Once finished, launch the game from your Library to start playing!
And that’s it! By following these steps you’ll be exploring the Halcyon colony and its various planets in no time.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Sometimes you may encounter problems when trying to download or install games from the Epic Store. Here are some potential issues and their solutions when downloading The Outer Worlds specifically.
<table> <thead> <tr> <th>Issue</th> <th>Solution</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr> <td>Game won’t start installing</td> <td>Restart computer and launcher. Check internet connection. Verify game in library.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Error 0x803F8001</td> <td>Redownload and reinstall the game.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Xbox services issues</td> <td>Ensure all Xbox services and gaming services are running on computer.</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
If there are any other issues, it’s best to contact Epic Games’ customer support for assistance. Provide as much detail about the problem as possible.
Downloading and playing The Outer Worlds on PC is really straightforward with the Epic Games Store. Simply create an Epic account, purchase the game, download and install it. The game offers dozens of hours of gameplay with flexible character builds and a fascinating sci-fi setting.
Just be aware of the large 50GB download size required. Aside from that, it’s a game that both RPG fans and casual players can enjoy. We hope this guide has covered everything you need to know to successfully download The Outer Worlds from the Epic Games Store and start exploring the Halcyon colony at your leisure!